A unique and important position is available at Pure Biologics. As an R&D Expert, you will have an opportunity to fulfill your professional goals in the Cell Biology Research Group, which plays the key core role in all R&D activities of Pure Biologics. This position comes with a chance for using your in-depth experience as well as an opportunity for continuous development and mentoring for younger colleagues.
You will be developing immunohistochemical assays using our state-of-the-art facility, both highly independently and as part of larger teams. In this role you will be responsible for developing new assays that validate binders (antibodies), target expression as well as validating data from in vivo experiments via IHC methodologies. You will also be responsible for image analysis and data quantification. As a leader of Histology unit, you will develop existing collaboration as well as set up new collaboration such as CROs. You will also help to develop new research strategies to improve and standardize the work of the Histology Unit of Biology Research Group.
The work involved in this position includes the following:
- performing experiments from tissue sectioning till image acquisition followed by scientific interpretation;
- developing new staining methodologies as well as troubleshoot various IHC experiments for biological drug discovery purposes;
- introducing and validating innovative technologies to Histology Unit;
- leading role in Histology Unit as well as helping and guiding younger co-workers, including recruitment of new members. You will work in close collaboration with PMs and Chief Medical Officer;
- being responsible for creation and managing of company tissue biobank as well as acquisition of future samples;
- contributing scientific and laboratory expertise to the histological aspects of drug discovery programmes as well as taking part in writing new projects;
- taking part in project teams pushing drug discovery projects forward;
- delivering results in a fast-paced research environment.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
Education: PhD in the field of immunology or similar.
Work Experience: Additional 2-4 years of experience in academia or industry in the field of immunology especially with focus on histological techniques. Work experience in drug discovery company (antibodies) is a large plus.
- good knowledge of human histology, mouse histology is a plus;
- an in-depth knowledge of histological techniques on FFPE, image acquisition and interpretation;
- advanced knowledge of software image analysis such as ImageJ, VisioPharm or similar;
- experience in immunofluorescence (IF) techniques;
- advanced knowledge of human immunology and cancer biology;
- English – independent user in reading, writing, and speaking;
- basic team management skills;
- strong time management skills.
Candidates with these additional skills would be especially welcome:
- experience in T cell or NK cells biology;
- knowledge of tissue fixation, processing and embedding;
- experience in other histological technologies such frozen samples;
- experience with Tissue Cross reactivity studies;
- knowledge of RNAscope technology;
- knowledge of the drug discovery process for biologic drugs.
The following personal characteristics are highly valued:
- passion for science and constant development;
- strong organisational and excellent communication skills;
- ability to work in multidisciplinary, multicultural teams;
- a strong sense of determination with a “can-do” mindset;
- a strong sense of perseverance when faced with challenging tasks.
- a full-time job in a public biotechnology company;
- a job in an ambitious team and space to implement your own ideas – we highly value proactivity combined with a fair dose of common sense;
- subsidized private medical care and life insurance;
- work in modern laboratories in new business complexes – Business Garden in Wrocław;
- workplace close to the city centre.
Convince yourself of the comfort of our workplace by watching a short video here:
Please send your application documents in English.