Research Group that you may join:
Antibody Group is a team of 7 scientists with different backgrounds, including molecular biology, microbiology, and cell biology. We generate new antibodies using phage display platform with integrated state-of-the art libraries, modern cell-based screening methods, and instruments facilitating high-throughput workflow. Our ambition is to become more digital and enhance our screening capabilities with in silico approach.
We work in a strong matrix organization and contribute to drug discovery projects at Pure Biologics. We are goal-oriented, and we care a lot about our scientific development.
We are looking for an expert in antibody discovery and engineering who will support our existing and new projects. Our area of interest is immunooncology. Moreover, this position will drive improving and expanding of antibody discovery platform established at Pure Biologics.
You will become an integral part of project teams focused on development of antibodies with enhanced effector functions, immune cell engagers, and blocking antibodies.
Key responsibilities include:
- driving generation of antibody libraries;
- developing technologies allowing new antibody generation and testing;
- providing technical expertise on a variety of analytical techniques to characterize antibody panels;
- troubleshooting technical and scientific challenges;
- training other employees to grow their skills and knowledge;
- contributing to scientific discussion at all levels within the organization and bringing new ideas
- identifying new research directions and process improvements.
As a subject matter expert you will be working both in our office and in our laboratories to assure close collaboration with your coworkers. You will collaborate with multiple teams and departments; therefore, you will need to communicate proactively, openly, and directly to align stakeholders around common goals.
Basic qualifications and experience:
- preferred 10 years of experience in research including PhD in life science;
- hands-on experience in antibody library design, generation, and using it in a display technology for successful drug candidate discovery;
- broad experience in generation and engineering of antibodies to obtain drug candidates with good developability profile and high potency;
- proficient in development of binding, functional, developability, and stability assays required for evaluation of antibodies;
- deep knowledge in the field of antibody genetics and analysis of antibody sequences;
- independent user of software for cloning and sequencing analysis;
- experience in generation of antibodies using in-vivo discovery platforms;
- proven track of innovative ideas transformed into new projects in the therapeutic antibody field;
- experience in providing training for researchers, scientists, and technicians.
- experience in using NGS platforms for deep mining in antibody repertoires;
- knowledge in applying AI for antibody discovery and optimization;
- experience in supporting/leading AI transformation of a biotech company;
- experience in applying flow cytometry for antibody evaluation, e.g. antibody internalization, receptor occupancy, target downregulation, receptor signaling analysis;
- experience in the development of HT assays suitable for developability and specificity assessment;
- proven track of collaboration with CROs, including animal facilities; involvement in outsourcing and monitoring of activities taking place at CROs.
- a full-time job in a public biotechnology company;
- a job in an ambitious team and space to implement your own ideas – we highly value proactivity combined with a fair dose of common sense;
- subsidized private medical care and life insurance;
- work in modern laboratories in new business complexes – Business Garden in Wrocław;
- workplace close to the city centre.
Please send you application comprising CV and a cover letter in English.