The role of a Scientific Project Manager will be to coordinate and manage both internal and commercial R&D projects. It will be delivered by cooperation with Program Managers and Research Groups to jointly setup directions and goals and to deliver results. The Scientific Project Manager will coordinate the collaboration of different units within the company as well as with partners and contractors, including meetings organization and facilitation, tasks monitoring. She/he will be responsible for information and data management within the scope of the project, as well as for the effective use of the company’s human potential and material resources, ensuring timely delivery of expected tasks and reaching of the project goals in a timely manner. Ongoing and regular reporting and presenting of project’s progress will also be a part of the responsibilities, along with organization and management of external resources such as contractors, partners, etc., including contractors searching and selection, preparing tender procedures, and so forth.
The successful candidate is expected to be capable of
- Comprehensively managing a project in accordance to the project’s schedule, expectations and sponsor guidelines.
- Coordinating the experimental pipeline between research teams as well as external contractors to achieve project goals and milestones within set timelines.
- Acquiring and coordinating resources through managing project contracts, subcontractors, tenders.
- Collecting and synthesizing project information and data, including scientific data, effectively managing the knowledge base of the project.
- Reporting and presenting information and data to various stakeholders, including internal and external parties of different levels.
- Taking a high level of responsibility for entrusted tasks.
- Further developing and honing above average communication and cooperation skills in a matrix company structure.
- Independently and proactively driving the activities of an entrusted project.
- Maintaining an openness and a proactive approach with respect to knowledge sharing and results presenting.
The ideal candidate has
- A minimum 3 years of experience (4+ years preferred) managing R&D projects in the biotechnological or pharmaceutical industries.
- Excellent communication, presentation, reporting and information management skills.
- Biotechnology, biochemistry, biology, chemistry or related higher education – essential; PhD degree is highly welcome.
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken).
On our part, we offer
- full-time job at a rapidly growing biotechnology company;
- the possibility of increasing the scope of responsibility and learning new things and expanding career prospects;
- independence in action and space to implement your own ideas – we highly value proactivity combined with an appropriate dose of common sense;
- free English or Polish lessons (for foreigners);
- co-financing for private medical care (LuxMed) and life insurance.
As we promote a healthy lifestyle, we also have:
- co-financing of the Multisport card;
- cinema tickets for employees commuting by bike;
- fruit day every Tuesday!