An exciting opportunity is available to join a growing, dynamic, and international biophysical analysis team. Your team role will be to plan, organize, perform, and analyse data collected from biophysical interaction experiments using state-of-the-art instrumentation, including SPR, BLI, ITC, MST, and DSF technologies. In this role, you will be expected to independently design and perform experiments related to biological drug discovery projects (antibodies and aptamers) and to help guide a small team of 1-2 direct report junior scientists. A typical workflow involves the design of experiments that answer the questions: 1. Does A interact with B? 2. If yes, what is the affinity? 3. What should be selected for further analysis: A, B or C?
Typical work involved in this position includes the following:
- Experimental planning, execution, data analysis and interpretation of results;
- Assay development using SPR, BLI, ITC, MST, DSF and other technologies;
- Writing detailed reports of experimental findings in the English language;
- Mentoring and supervising junior team members in routine lab operations;
- Maintaining an ELN;
- Troubleshooting assays when required;
- Writing SOPs;
- Delivering results in a fast-paced research environment.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
A Ph.D. in biochemistry or related field.
Four-plus years of experience performing independent research (can include doctoral and postdoctoral studies). Industry experience is a plus.
- Broad knowledge and direct hands-on experience in the use and interpretation of data from biophysical characterization technologies, at least in the use of SPR and/or BLI technology to measure interaction kinetics. Experience using ITC, and fluorescence-based technologies including MST, DSF, and others is a plus;
- Experience working with and characterizing complicated proteins;
- Experience characterizing at least some of the following interactions: protein-protein, antibody-antigen, protein-nucleic acid, protein-small molecule;
- Independent experience in designing, executing, analysing, and interpreting complex datasets to address relevant biological research questions;
- Experience troubleshooting assays to identify solutions;
- Experience mentoring and supervising junior scientists;
- Fluent English, especially spoken, and with solid writing skills;
- Strong time management skills.
Although not essential, the following additional skills would be of great benefit
- Experience performing high-throughput screening assays;
- Experience performing epitope-binning assays;
- Experience characterizing both protein-protein and protein-DNA interactions;
- Experience developing interaction assays for which no publications exist;
- Broad understanding of protein science including purification techniques, modification techniques and analysis of structure;
- Past work experience in a structural biology environment;
- Past work experience in an international research environment.
- Strong communication skills;
- Passion for protein science, learning new skills, and a strong will to innovate;
- Enjoyment of writing and communicating science.
On our part, we offer:
- full-time job at a rapidly growing biotechnology company;
- the possibility of increasing the scope of responsibility and learning new things and expanding career prospects;
- independence in action and space to implement your own ideas – we highly value proactivity combined with an appropriate dose of common sense;
- free English or Polish lessons (for foreigners);
- co-financing for private medical care (LuxMed) and life insurance.
As we promote a healthy lifestyle, we also have:
- co-financing of the Multisport card;
- cinema tickets for employees commuting by bike;
- fruit day every Tuesday!
Aplikuj na to stanowisko i dołącz do naszego zespołu!
Prosimy o przesłanie aplikacji - CV i list motywacyjny (dla stanowisk badawczych prosimy wyszczególnić techniki laboratoryjne w których posiadacie Państwo doświadczenie).
Na rozmowę kwalifikacyjną zaprosimy wybranych kandydatów.