An exciting opportunity is available to join a growing, dynamic, and international biophysical analysis team. Your team role will be to perform biophysical interaction experiments using state-of-the-art instrumentation, including SPR, BLI, ITC, MST, and DSF technologies. In this role, you will work with a Senior Specialist who will mentor and guide you in performing and analysing data from experiments related to biological drug discovery projects (based on antibodies and aptamers). You will also help draft experimental reports to communicate your findings in written form, as well as standard operating procedures.
Typical work involved in this position includes the following:
- Planning and execution of biophysical experiments (under the supervision of a Senior Specialist);
- Contributing to assay development efforts using SPR, BLI, ITC, MST, DSF and other technologies;
- Writing detailed reports of experimental findings in the English language;
- Performing routine lab operations;
- Maintaining an electronic lab notebook;
- Contribute to troubleshooting assays when required;
- Writing standard operating procedures;
- Delivering results in a fast-paced research environment.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
M.Sc. in biochemistry or a related field.
Two-plus years of experience working at the bench in a biochemistry lab. Ideally this includes working on an independent research project. Industry experience is a plus.
All candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Hands-on experience working with recombinant and/or purified proteins;
- General understanding of factors involving work with biological materials;
- Fluent English, especially spoken, and with solid writing skills;
- Strong time management skills.
Candidates with the following skills would be especially welcome:
- Some familiarity with biophysical characterization technologies. Prior experience using any of the following technologies would be advantageous: SPR, BLI, MST, DSF, ITC, and/or fluorescence-based technologies;
- Experience characterizing some of the following biomolecular interactions would be advantageous: protein-protein, antibody-antigen, protein-nucleic acid, protein-small molecule;
- Experience troubleshooting assays to help identify solutions.
Well-rounded candidates might bring some of the following skills:
- Broad understanding of protein science including purification techniques, modification techniques and analysis of structure;
- Past work experience in a structural biology environment;
- Past work experience in an international research environment.
The following personal characteristics are highly valued:
- Strong communication skills;
- Passion for protein science and learning new skills;
- Enjoyment of writing and communicating science;
- Solid interpersonal relationship skills;
- A strong sense of determination with a “can-do” mindset;
- A strong sense of perseverance when faced with challenging tasks.
On our part, we offer:
- full-time job at a rapidly growing biotechnology company;
- the possibility of increasing the scope of responsibility and learning new things and expanding career prospects;
- independence in action and space to implement your own ideas – we highly value proactivity combined with an appropriate dose of common sense;
- free English or Polish lessons (for foreigners),
- co-financing for private medical care (LuxMed) and life insurance.
As we promote a healthy lifestyle, we also have:
- co-financing of the Multisport card;
- cinema tickets for employees commuting by bike;
- fruit day every Tuesday!
Aplikuj na to stanowisko i dołącz do naszego zespołu!
Prosimy o przesłanie aplikacji - CV i list motywacyjny (dla stanowisk badawczych prosimy wyszczególnić techniki laboratoryjne w których posiadacie Państwo doświadczenie).
Na rozmowę kwalifikacyjną zaprosimy wybranych kandydatów.